Sunday 15 July 2012

Essie Turquoise & Caicos

Can you believe I didn't get the pun in Turquoise & Caicos until I Googled it? I've never heard of the Turks and Caicos Islands! Wikipedia has informed me that it's mostly Americans who visit the islands, so maybe I can be forgiven...?!

Anyway, Essie Turquoise & Caicos is a turquoise as the name suggests, and very much a green-leaning one (I know it doesn't look it in my photos, but I promise it is!). Not being a huge fan of green polishes you'd think this would put me off, but I actually really love this colour. I think the fact it's a jelly just gives it that extra edge...it's so squishy-looking.

I used three coats to make it opaque, and the bubbling you see is my ancient Seche Vite rather than the Essie. I also added a line of rhinestones down the centre of my ring finger to jazz it up a bit.

2 comments:

  1. I have this polish but don't think I've used it yet. I didn't know it was a jelly! I like how those rhinestones give it a little extra kick!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's and awsome color. My fiance has a bottle of the essie Turqoise and Caicos polish, I want to paint my 70 ss chevelle the same color!

    ReplyDelete