Tuesday 3 July 2012

My First Jelly Sandwich

I intended to post yesterday, but I've been in a book coma for the last twenty-four hours so that didn't happen. A book coma isn't a real thing, of course - it's just what I call it when I'm reading a really good book that I can't bear to put down. I don't understand people who say they don't read - for me, reading is such a large part of my life that I think not doing it would be a difficult as, say, not breathing.

Anyway. Back to another passion of mine. I'm quite excited to show you today's manicure (done before the book coma began!) because it's something I haven't tried before - a jelly sandwich. As you probably know, this involves layering a glitter polish between a jelly-finish one. I got the OPI NYC Ballet mini collection recently and thought they'd work well for this purpose. I started with two coats of OPI My Pointe Exactly, a gorgeous sheer grey, and then did a coat of Models Own Ibiza Mix. I finished with two more coats of My Pointe Exactly and a top coat.

I'm pretty pleased with how this turned out. My Pointe Exactly has given Ibiza Mix a matte, pastel look that I really like. The whole thing looks really shiny and squishy.

Have you tried a jelly sandwich? And have you ever been in a book coma...?

5 comments:

  1. This is very pretty! I tried my first jelly sammy recently as well but mine didn't quite turn out because I used this huge star glitter so it's not like I could really cover it up enough. I guess I need to get a good layering glitter.

    Book comas are part of my life always. I seriously can't believe my ears when people say that they don't read. That sounds crazy to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Star glitter sounds like it would be awesome in a jelly sandwich. It's a shame it didn't work out!

      Delete
  2. Oh, this is so cute!! I bet it would look nice mattified as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. :) I did mattify it after a couple of days and it looked great, but I forgot to photograph it. Doh.

      Delete